Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School






This time last week the children were excitedly preparing for their FIRST day back to school. They set out their new clothes and shoes, made their lunches and got all of their school supplies in their bags.

They got ready for bed at a decent hour....even brushed their teeth without being asked and asked and asked. You know how that goes?

That first day they jumped out of bed before I did.
The next day they stepped out.
The third day the rolled out.
The fourth day I nagged them a little.....just a little.
And the fifth day they said....I'm tired....so I sort of pulled them out.

Now with one week down and only...oh about....30 weeks to go, I hope I won't need a cattle prod to get them going come mid December!

3 comments:

Penny said...

So funny! Oh, and by the way, now that you are back in farm country, you can easily buy a cattle prod at the awesome Smith and Edwards! :)

Julie said...

Kids! (Wow, they sure looked cute in their new school outfits, though)

Chrissy-teeny said...

ha..ha... funny!! We now get the excitement of 7:45am choir!