Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Goodbye Grandpa Great

This is Marc's paternal Grandpa, Fred and his wife, LoaJean. They were married just a month after Marc and I were. They are one of the sweetest couples and I am priveleged to have had them in my life for the last 17 years. Since we moved from England I miss the grandparent interaction that I left behind, but these two definately filled that void.

They have attended every baptism, every blessing and other important events, even though we live 3 hours from them. We have enjoyed Christmas', holidays and campouts with them. Grandpa just turned 89 this past September. The photo above was taken last April just before Grandpa took a turn for the worse. LoaJean has spent the last 7 months by his side taking care of him. Grandpa Great passed away February 1st, 2009. His funeral service was a wonderful tribute to him. The Great Grandchildren sang and Marc dedicated the grave. Grandpa lived a full and eventful life and we know he is celebrating and reuniting with family members up in heaven.


Some of the Grandchildren were the pall bearers. Marc is on the end. Grandpa was a veteran and they gave him a 12 gun salute. I hope I got that right.



It's not very proper to laugh at a picture of a funeral but when we saw John in the picture Marc said....Woah, look John's a giant!! He's the really tall guy in the far right of the picture. Now, he is tall but I think this one is just the angle. Either that or he's standing by some really short 'Daybells'.



How about these cute cousins!? This is Brinlee's cousin posse. Brinlee, Maili, Chloe and Clara. I wish I could just take them all home with me.





2 comments:

Penny said...

I'm sorry to hear about this. It is never easy.

Have you really been married for 17 years?

Chrissy-teeny said...

I remember Marc's grandpa, what a nice guy he was! Sorry to hear about your loss.