Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Coupon Craze

I'm joining the coupon craze in an attempt to take control of my food budget. Its not that my budget is dramatically out of whack but I would like to be more disciplined each week in sticking to my menu and food list. My main problem is that I LOVE Rachael Ray so if I catch her show before dinner then I like to cook what she cooked so I have to buy ingredients.

I was watching Rachael this evening and I saw a great segment on $5 meals. There is a website too. This lady plans the menu, uses coupons, shops the sales and makes meals for under $5. I thought it was worth sharing. And please...if you are a coupon shopper and you have a super great deal of the week (you know the kind where you buy $50 worth of groceries for like a buck...okay, not that great, but close) PLEASE send me a heads up. I'm dying to get a great deal for my food storage.

Heres the website: www.fivedollardinners.com

3 comments:

Chrissy-teeny said...

That sounds awesome!!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Have you heard of 'the grocery game'. I guess you pay a small fee and they actually shop the ads for you and apply it all with coupons. Some of my friends said that sometimes they even get paid to buy groceries. I'm thinking about trying it.

. said...

I'll pass this on to my coupon-loving sister--thanks!

Quick question...are you still selling ModBe? I think I'd like to get another suit for this season. Let me know!