Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Catching Up

We're definately staying busy since moving to Utah. Between all of our family events and kids activities I've fallen behind on my blog updates. I've been keeping up on the pictures so at least I can do a quick recap of the past month or two.

Here are the children on their first day of school. It has been such an easy transition moving to Utah. They are the Lomond View Lions and they really love their new school. We do miss our old school, Gate City, especially the A.R. reading, goals and parties...which they don't do here. My kids quit reading cold turkey for the first month. Now it falls on me to make sure they get their reading time in. They miss their friends but they keep in touch with texts and emails. Thank Heavens for technology. Also, the new school doesn't start until 8.35am so we have very leisurely mornings with no rushing and they get off the bus at 3:45pm. I like this new schedule!

Marc started exercising with the P90X challenge. It's a great workout consisting of a variety of different types of exercises. It really works for Marc because of all the stretches and workouts that target his back problems. It seems to be working....but it is definately a hard work out. I tried it a few times...phew! Our exercise room is in the basement and isn't yet finished so Marc is working out in the bonus room and the the kids like to join him. Its cute.


Bailee is now 10 months old and she is on the move. She is crawling at warp speed, standing up and cruising around furniture. She has crawled up 3 stairs before I caught her. The baby gates are up now. This picture was taken about a month ago when she was just starting so I put her in the laundry basket to contain her. Now she'd probably just climb out of it. She has some funny habits that make us laugh....she likes to squint her eyes and give a cheesy grin at people. She sometimes plays coy when strangers say hello....she will put her hand to her forehead if she gets really shy. She has a great laugh and makes us happy.

The girls attended a Daddy/Daughter Date with the 1980's theme. This was FUN to prepare for...after all it was my era. Notice the lace glove (yep..I made that), the slouch t-shirt, bangles, hoop earings, neon, side pony and scrunchie, leg warmers and layered socks. Ahhh...memories.
The funniest thing was seeing Marc as a preppy 80's guy. He reminded me of Carlton on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.....he was totally game to wear some hammer pants but we couldn't find any.



I LOVE being able to hang out with family now that I live close enough. In April it was my older sister's 40th Birthday. Mum and I took her out for a mani/pedi spa treatment. She was so cute and she's always so much fun to spoil because she's always so grateful. Then we met up with my younger sister, Christina, for lunch.
We had big plans for Jacqui's lunch; Benihana's, Chang's Garden, etc but she said she wasn't too hungry and was happy to go to Sizzler. HUH? We asked her if she was sure and she said yes...she would like that. So we went to Sizzler in Salt Lake and as we walked up to order Jacqui said,
My Sizzler takes your order at the table.
Hmmm! Then she adds,
Where are the peanuts on the floor?
Huh????
Then she says,

My Sizzler has the country line dancers!
And suddenly I realise...she's talking about Texas Roadhouse! We laughed and laughed and decided that at least we wouldn't forget this birthday. The food really wasn't that good.

At the end of April my nephew Ben came home for his mission in the Indiana, Indiannapolis Spanish Speaking Mission. It was SO good to see him and welcome him home. After we met at the airport we tagged along with the family to Temple Square. It was a great day.


I like this picture of me and my beautiful sisters. It's SO much fun being close by each other and being able to get together.......FINALLY!

On Mother's Day Weekend we went to Marc's Grandma's to help paint her deck and fix up the yard. We weeded until more paint brushes arrived and then the kids worked so hard painting. They loved every minute of it.

Marc has also been enjoying his weekly movie nights with his brothers. Every Friday for the past few weeks and for the upcoming 4 weeks or so Marc and his brothers attend the late night movie together. We really didn't see many movies in Pocatello because #1) the movie theatre wasn't great and #2) I'm not big into Terminator and Star Trek and all those other guy shows!
So, thats the latest. I have pictures on my camera of Jake playing baseball, Mothers Day Events, and Bailee doing more cute stuff so I'll hopefully be posting again soon.

3 comments:

Chrissy-teeny said...

wOW! So many fun things!! I can't wait for school to be out and we can get together without a silly kindergarten bus schedule! You know, today I forgot it was early day and by the time I remembered school had already started and by the time I took the 40 min drive there,it'd be almost over...lol....so Landon's home today!! Crazy me!!
ANYWAY....it looks like you have all kinds of fun things going on!!

Claire said...

i loved the update...and the sizzler story is so hilarious!

Tracy Collings said...

It's good hearing from you again! Looks like a lot of fun things going on.