Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Birthday Surprise

July 28th was Jakes birthday. This time last year it was a toss up as to whether he would be sharing his birthday with his new sister, Bailee. The doctor had decided that was the day that he would induce labor if the baby had not yet arrived.

But much to my relief and more importantly to Jakes, Bailee arrived a few weeks early. I was no longer miserably sick and Jake didn't have to share his birthday.

We thought a trip to the indoor surfing place was fitting for a big 10 year old celebration. It would be a BIG surprise.

However, earlier in the day when Grandma called she hadn't heard it was a suprise and she accidentally let the cat out of the bag. Knowing how much I LOVE to give surprises.... Jake felt bad about the mishap and so, for my sake, we ALL played along with the pending surprise. Most of my excitement would have come from seeing the astonished look on their faces when we pulled up.....but now that they knew about it I kind of forgot about it being a 'surprise'.

So, when we arrived at Flowrider we were all pretty excited to get started. I inadvertantly forgot to play along and say 'surprise'. But Jake, with his brilliant memory, hadn't forgot.. and as I was paying, Jake asked...

Mom...shall we act surprised NOW!? One big reason why I LOVE this kid.





3 comments:

Collings Family said...

Love that Jake. I still need to do something for his birthday. What does he like?

How do you like the Pilot's Wife?

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I never knew there was such a place! That looks fantastic! I'll have to get more info from you sometime.

Chrissy-teeny said...

Oh how cute!! He is such a sweet young man! How was the flo rider? I've beenw anting to go. YOu know friday nights is way cheap.