Sunday, August 2, 2009

Friends

We've lived in Utah for almost 6 months. Marc says we are offical Utards! I hope that isn't an offensive term. I find it endearing because we are proud to be one. We absolutely LOVE it here.

I arrived in Utah almost 20 years ago. Coming from England it was quite a culture shock. Everything was BIG ....larger than life. I was in the 9th grade and everything was so foreign to me. I spent the first year crying myself to sleep at night. I wanted to go home...to my sister...to my friends....to familiarity.

It wasn't until I entered HIGH SCHOOL that I found some of the most amazing friends. Suddenly my life changed. I have heard of kids who hated their high school years....but I LOVED every minute of mine. It was all so 'new' to me. I loved assemblies, football games, dances, choir, Little Caesars breadsticks, the BOYS....and especially MY FRIENDS.

We had some exciting times together and we made some wonderful memories...that even 20 years later bring a smile to my face. Thanks Penny, Chan and Andrea for helping me through those high school years and for giving me an endless supply of wonderful memories.

Even though we don't stay in touch as often as we would like to, it is awesome to know that we can pick up every year...right we're we left of. And that.....is a sign of a GREAT friend.

1 comments:

Penny said...

You are the best! I will never forget meeting the "cool English girl" at Wahlquist. Love you and so happy that we got to have time together!