Sunday, March 22, 2009

Moving Day Recap

We made it. We're finally here!

And we couldn't be happier. It's been one whole week since we planted our roots back in the Utah area. We've been gone for 12 years and although we've enjoyed our time in Pocatello, we are certainly happy to be back home.

The move went well. I got sick the day prior with a terrible sore throat, stuffy nose and headache but I pushed on through. We had the entire garage packed full of our belongings and the wonderful students of the University Ward came Friday afternoon to help load up the trucks. We were also fortunate to have Marc's dad and brother, John come up. John was going to drive the second truck back. We worked hard into the late hours.....Marc cleaning carpets, me loading up some last minute items and John...even cleaning a bathroom. Thanks John! By the wee hours of the morning we were spent.

We woke early on Saturday to finish up. The boys took off first thing down to Utah. Kenadee, Bailee and I stayed behind to empty the fridge and clean the laundry room and kitchen. I could tell with my sickness getting worse that I was falling behind and so my home teacher, Bro. Desfosses called in some help. Thank you Delynn, Heather and the guys who finished the shed and swept the garage.

And so we rolled into Pleasant View, Utah around 2pm. The trucks were unloaded and furniture had even been set up. Family was everywhere. It was definately a sight that I LOVED to see. Marc related the events that happened upon his arrival. The Bishop of our new ward had mobilized quite a number of men to help unload the trucks. We also had the help of our dads and Marcs brothers. The Bishops wife had also baked six loaves of bread for us....with butter, jam and p.nut butter. They brought us a meal that very first night. On the second day which was Sunday our neighbors also brought us a meal; a pot roast. The primary president called that day to discuss Brinlee's upcoming baptism and the relief society president stopped by to say hello and drop off a phone list.

Besides stumbling into an amazing ward with wonderful people we feel so blessed to be near our family and have the enjoyable interactions that we have had. Here are some of the things we did in our first week.

1. The girls went to an indoor soccer game with Aunt Sandi/Uncle Kenney.
2. We had two cousins over to play video games (during the soccer game).
3. My parents brought us dinner.
4. Marc's parents brought us dinner.
5. Marc ran to his brother Adam's house (5 mins away) for some laundry soap cuz it was Sunday and we couldn't find ours yet.
6. My sil, Molly, took my kids for the whole day while I was recuperating from bronchitis.
7. My sister, Christina took the kids the next day while I was still recuperating.
8. My sister and her family dropped in Sunday afternoon for a quick visit.
9. My sil, Caity, dropped by to give me some diapers and stayed for a quick chat.
10. My mil, took the kids for the night when I was sick.
11. My mum took the kids to Crystal Hot Springs for a day of swimming. They LOVED it.
12. Mum just dropped by tonight for about 15 minutes. The reason...she said...just because she could.

People are wondering if we will get sick of family coming over or dropping by and all I can say to that is......are you kidding!????

4 comments:

Penny said...

I can't wait until the summer when I can just drop in...

Glad it all went well, and I hope you are feeling better. I bet your family is so happy to have you home.

Chrissy-teeny said...

We are very glad to have you guys nearby! And the house is beautiful.

Huffstuff said...

Glad to hear that you are settled in a bit. Sounds like you went from one great place to another. That is awesome. I agree with you. I know that I would never get sick of family dropping in. I want to see pics of your new home. Miss you guys already! have fun!

Claire said...

I am so happy for you guys...it sounds like this is going to be a wonderful move for your family. Don't get so busy with family though that you forget to post pics of the kids...little Bailee is going to be changing so much!